IOP Publishing is pleased to announce the launch of Journal of Physics Communications, a new multidisciplinary open access journal, offering researchers an accelerated and innovative way to publish their work.
The journal welcomes the submission of papers from all areas of research relating to physics. It has a particular interest in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies that may not fit the narrower scope of traditional journals, and all authors will benefit from a fast, inclusive and transparent peer review process.
Journal of Physics Communications will be guided by a senior editorial panel, working closely with the in-house editorial team to ensure that the journal meets its aim of high quality peer review, rapid publication and inclusive coverage of all physics research. Leaders in their fields, the panel will provide final arbitration for scientific disputes and advice on emerging subjects. It comprises:
- Sarbajit Banerjee Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA
- Anne Bourdon Plasma Physics Laboratory, Ecole Polytechnique, France
- Sudesh Kumar Dhar Tata Institute for Fundamental Research, India
- Ting Gao, Hebei Normal University, China
- Kuijuan Jin Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Wu-Ming Liu Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Chang Hee Nam IBS Centre for Relativistic Laser Science, Gwangju Institute of Technology, Korea
Daniel Keirs, Associate Director, Journals, at IOP Publishing, said: “We are excited about the launch of this important addition to our programme, which is an innovative option for existing and new authors, and the first fully open access journal in the prestigious Journal of Physics series.
“With Journal of Physics Communications, we aspire to help scientists communicate new results as widely and openly as possible, and over the coming years we look forward to serving authors from across the full spectrum of research.”
As an open access title, Journal of Physics Communications will be permanently free to read for anyone. The journal, will soon be accepting article submissions.
To find out more about the journal, please visit the journal homepage.