Aptara and SAGE Publishing continue to expand their partnership with the formal launch of the SAGE Open Access Portal, an article-processing collections platform that applies the latest technology to open access publication models providing significant time efficiencies and more flexible workflows.
Aptara’s SciPris platform includes custom features that:
- auto-detect article processing charges (APCs) based on publisher-specific business rules and agreements,
- serve the author with compliant license choices,
- implement a hierarchy of discounts to determine the final price to a payer,
- provide a secure online payment gateway,
- facilitate collections to recoup outstanding/unpaid charges,
- provide publishers insight through custom reports and connect author(s) to publishers, institutions and funders. SciPris was built on the premise that every publisher’s open access/APC program is unique, and, as such, Aptara’s approach is to standardize the core functionality that is relevant to most publishers while allowing each implementation to be customized.
SAGE Publishing Vice President & CTO John Shaw said, “Our goal in partnering with Aptara was to ease
the process for both researchers publishing open access and their funding institutions. The result has
been a platform that saves time, enables funder compliance, and seamlessly connects researchers with
the guidelines and resources by all involved – publishers, institutions and funders.”
“SciPris is an advanced open access/APC solution combining adaptive technology with human expertise
to streamline the collection of a critical revenue stream for our publishing clientele,” said Samir Kakar,
President of Aptara. “We’re proud to announce the completion of this initiative with our long-standing
partner, SAGE, and look forward to collaborating with them on the future expansion of their SciPris