Wolters Kluwer Health, the exclusive distribution channel for the Joanna Briggs Institute’s (JBI) complete evidence-based practice (EBP) resources, now supports healthcare institutions who want to attain JBI’s Endorsement program promoting high standards of evidence-based practice and policy. The addition of JBI’s EBP Management and Assessment tools on the Ovid platform makes it easier for institutions to facilitate the adoption of their EBP practice and evaluate and measure engagement on performance and patient outcomes.
Managed and administered by JBI, the program follows a set of endorsement criteria that demonstrate an institution’s commitment to the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of high quality service delivery based on an evidence-based approach to health care practice. Organizations that carry the JBI endorsement can demonstrate—to patients and their families, staff members, and the community-at-large—that their achievements in healthcare practice have been recognized by a body independent to their accrediting body and one that is widely regarded as world- leading and innovative voice in the advancement of evidence-based practice.
With JBI’s complete EBP solution on Ovid, institutions globally have greater access to a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary suite of content and tools to help their healthcare providers adopt, translate and implement evidence into practice. JBI’s suite of 10 tools is designed to assist stakeholders throughout the process from evidence appraisal, synthesis and implementation to evaluation of patient outcomes. The tools include:
· JBI TAP (Thematic Analysis Program) — Supports researchers in the synthesis of qualitative studies analysis
· JBI CAN–IMPLEMENT — Guides in the adaptation of EBP guidelines for local use
· JBI Journal Club — Provides group learning and discussion on appraising research articles
· JBI RAPID (Rapid Appraisal Protocol Internet Database) — A tool for healthcare providers and researchers to use to rapidly appraise a research study and determine if it should be implemented in practice
· JBI SUMARI (System for the Unified Management of the Assessment and Review of Information) — A rigorous evidence synthesis system to be used to develop systematic reviews
· JBI PACES (Practical Application of Clinical Evidence System) — A clinical audit system to be used by healthcare providers at point of care
· JBI POOL (Patient Outcomes Online) and JBI COOL (Client Outcomes Online) — Easy-to-use tools for the collection and storage of patient/client outcomes data
· JBI Manual Builder — Helps users build an evidence-based clinical manual
· JBI Pamphlet Builder — Enables healthcare providers to assemble evidence-based information pamphlets for patients
More information about the JBI Complete Resources and the JBI Endorsement program is available on Ovid’s website here.