Seminar: How to Build a Data Driven Publishing Organization
Thursday 20 April, London (full day) #alpspdatadriven
Chaired by Freddie Quek, Group Head of Software, The Collinson Group and Research Associate, Henley Business School, our speakers will discuss what a data driven publishing organization looks like, why you should be one, and how best to go about this.
This seminar will provide detailed information and case studies on how to apply data about users, subscribers, authors and institutions to drive decisions. Key insights will cover using data to inform what to publish, product development, user experience, sales and marketing, audience outreach and more. We will cover the types of data driven decisions that can be used by publishers of any size, including applications for small publishers that may not have the resources of a data department, addressing skill sets and expertise required to achieve the best results. This is also the opportunity to find out and learn from what other companies and vendors are doing outside scholarly publishing.
Our speakers, from within, and outside of scholarly publishing:
- John Morton Chairman of the Board, Zapaygo, Interim CTO/CDO/CIO, Big Data Advisor, former CTO of SAS
- Hasan Usmani, Account Manager, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- David Leeming, Publishing Consultant, 67 Bricks
- Ove Kähler, Director, Program Management and Global Distribution, and Lauren Danahy, Team Leader, Applications and Data, both Brill
- Graeme Doswell, Head of Global Circulation, Sage
- Iain Craig, Director Strategic Market Analysis, Wiley
- David Smith, Head of Product Solutions, IET
- Blair Granville, Insights Analyst, Portland Press
- Sarah Day, Data Marketing Professional and Associate Consultant, DQM-GRC
Please see our website<http://www.alpsp.org/Seminars/How-to-Build-a-Data-Driven-Publishing-Organization/43176> for further information, updates to the programme and how to book.