BioOne (www.bioone.org) is proud to welcome five new titles and their respective not-for-profit publishers to the 2013 BioOne Collections: Marine Resource Economics, published by the Marine Resource Foundation; Cryptogamie, Algologie, Cryptogamie, Bryologie, andCryptogamie, Mycologie, three journals from France’s Association des Amis des Cryptogames; and Applications in Plant Sciences, a new, open access, online only publication from the Botanical Society of America.
“We chose BioOne because its mission and priorities align closely with those of the Botanical Society of America,” remarked Theresa Culley, Applications in Plant Sciences’ inaugural Editor-in-Chief. Regarding BioOne and the BSA’s new partnership, Culley observed that “both organizations are not-for-profits that are dedicated to the dissemination of scientific knowledge and scholarly research. We view BioOne as a strategic part of our overall plan to create and launch a highly effective journal in which protocols and techniques in the plant sciences can be shared with other researchers throughout the world.”
In 2013 BioOne will be home to 176 total publications, 127 (72%) of which are ISI-ranked. Furthermore, 60 (34%) of BioOne’s titles have their current content available online exclusively through BioOne, and 38 (22%) are titles based outside of the US. In addition to its two subscribed collections, BioOne is now home to thirteen open access publications, freely available to all users.
We are delighted to add these five publications to BioOne, enhancing the aggregation’s value and reputation as a cost-effective, critical resource for quality research in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences. For subscription or trial information, please visit the BioOne website or contact your local BioOne agent.
New Title Information
The following titles will make their BioOne debut on January 2, 2013. Title lists in a variety of formats are available to download on the BioOne website.
- Applications in Plant Sciences, published by the Botanical Society of America (BioOne Open Access)
- Cryptogamie, Algologie, published by the Association des Amis des Cryptogames (BioOne.2 and BioOne Complete)
- Cryptogamie, Bryologie, published by the Association des Amis des Cryptogames (BioOne.2 and BioOne Complete)
- Cryptogamie, Mycologie, published by the Association des Amis des Cryptogames (BioOne.2 and BioOne Complete)
- Marine Resource Economics, published by the Marine Resource Foundation, Inc. (BioOne.1 and BioOne Complete)