HighWire Press and CHOICE, a publishing unit of the Association of College & Research Libraries, are pleased to announce the launch of Choice Reviews Online: Version 3.0 on the HighWire Open Platform. The newest and most sophisticated version of CHOICE’s popular discovery and reference tool, CRO3 (www.cro3.org) includes a comprehensive collection of reviews and other timely editorial content from the CHOICE editors.
Choice Reviews Online is the go-to resource for thousands of collection development librarians who rely on CHOICE’s experienced, expert reviewers when making buying decisions from among the vast list of new scholarly works published each year. Highly selective, CHOICE publishes concise, critical, and authoritative reviews of more than 7,000 new titles a year, spanning the entire liberal arts and sciences curriculum. CHOICE reviews are widely recognized by publishers, librarians, and authors as a benchmark of quality.
“HighWire has proved to be an ideal partner for the latest version of Choice Reviews Online,” said Mark Cummings, CHOICE Editor and Publisher. “At CHOICE, our goal has always been to provide the academic library community with the highest quality content. Designed in response to the rapidly changing online environment, our users will find CRO3 on HighWire to be a helpful, flexible, and powerful tool.”
Choice Reviews Online 3.0 takes advantage of the flexibility, discovery and advanced search options of HighWire’s Open Platform to offer:
- Integrated search options, allowing users to discover content in both the reviews and features sections;
- Rich linking capabilities, both to external book content, and to internal related reviews, features and comments;
- “Browse the Book” links in the Publisher’s Choice Online program, allowing readers to view full book content;
- Full compliance with academic web standards such as COUNTER, OpenURL and DOI’s;
- Expanded social media sharing options, and moderated user commenting.
“There is a natural synergy in the fit of this well-respected reference source being hosted by HighWire,” noted Tom Rump, HighWire’s Managing Director. “Choice Reviews Online, alongside our expanded eBooks offering, demonstrates the ongoing evolution of the HighWire Open Platform in delivering the best quality content in multiple display formats to support the scholarly community.”