HighWire Press, the leading ePublishing platform for scholarly publishers, is pleased to announce a strategic partnership with Tizra to extend ebook functionality and integration to the HighWire Open Platform.
“HighWire provides an advanced digital publishing platform to help industry-leading scholarly publishers innovate and thrive,” said Tom Rump, Managing Director of HighWire. “We considered many alternatives before selecting Tizra, but concluded that their nimble ebook tools best complemented the HighWire Open Platform, helping us expand our focus on discoverability and creating the most intuitive user experience.”
“Discovery in the ebook environment goes beyond search – it is the end to end path that a reader takes in finding, assessing, and making a decision to invest in a book, whether that investment is time or money,” noted Tara Robenalt, Director of Product Management at HighWire. “With the addition of Tizra’s ebook reader features, HighWire publishers can blend books alongside their e-journals, offering an integrated cross-content solution that falls into the reader’s natural workflow.”
With help from Tizra, HighWire’s expanded ebook solution offers:
* Easy-to-read display, chapter navigation and page views, focusing on the page-turning experience;
* Social sharing options (Twitter, Facebook, bookmarking) at the page level;
* Increased discoverability through search engine optimization and the ability to provide readers with cross-content recommendations;
* Mobile optimization using responsive and adaptive design to support access and viewing on smartphones and tablets;
* Intuitive tools available to editorial staff giving them direct control over content updates.
“HighWire shares our enthusiasm for helping publishers and readers build communities around content,” stated Abe Dane, President and COO of Tizra. “We are extremely excited to work with a leader in digital publishing, whose outstanding technology and services combine with ours to make econtent more valuable and accessible.”