The entire IET journals program has transitioned to fully gold Open Access as part of a publishing partnership with Wiley. The IET journals portfolio includes over 40 journals, covering a wide range of engineering and technology fields. The latest content from the IET journals is now accessible through the new IET Research hub page on Wiley Online Library.
The partnership provides the IET with innovative tools and services to improve the author experience throughout the publishing process, driving the accessibility, discoverability and impact of IET journals through new digital and platform capabilities.
As well as publishing current research Open Access, all articles published from 2013 are now freely available, making a vast body of published research widely accessible. The move to the Open Access publishing model allows researchers and practitioners around the world immediate and free access to the IET Research hub through the Wiley Online Library.
The partnership with Wiley and transition to Open Access was first announced in June 2020. The transition to Open Access is an exciting next step in the evolution of the IET’s information solutions strategy, one that will further enhance the IET’s mission and vision.
Vincent Cassidy, Head of Research and Academic Markets at the IET, said: “The transition to gold Open Access across the whole journal portfolio shows the IET’s commitment to the open science movement and aligns with the IET’s mission to engineer a better world by opening engineering research to all.”
Giles Grant, Director of Knowledge Services and Solutions at the IET, stated: “We will continue the transformation of the IET’s information solutions in an ever increasing dialogue with the science and technology community globally.”
- IET Journals content published from 2013 to 2020 is now accessible through the IET Research Hub on the Wiley Online Library.
- All new IET Journals content (beginning January 2021) will be published fully Open Access – free to read, download and share, and subject to a CC-BY license.
- All content published from 2013 to 2020 which was previously behind a paywall will now be available as Free Access. All copyrighted content published from 2013 will be free to access, download and share, but will not be subject to a CC-BY license.
- IET Journals Archive content (published prior to 2013) is available for purchase as an online resource with perpetual access on the IET Digital Library.
- IET conference proceedings will continue to be available on both IEEE Xplore and the IET Digital Library. Conference proceedings are not part of the new IET Research Hub.
Further information can be found on the IET website: https://www.theiet.org/publishing/
The IET Research Hub on the Wiley Online Library can be found here: https://ietresearch.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/