IHS, the leading global source of information and analytics, today announced the introduction of the IHS Knowledge Collections, an expansive set of pre-packaged compilations of engineering-rich documents that address engineers’ long-standing requirement for access to the full breadth of technical knowledge they need. IHS Knowledge Collections deliver unified access to relevant knowledge across the engineering lifecycle and also simplify the purchase, procurement and management of content subscriptions.
IHS is the market-leading provider of critical information and insights for engineering, research and design professionals. Engineers across the globe rely on IHS Standards Expert® as the trusted source for more than 1.6 million active and historical standards from more than 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs). Now, from the same IHS platform, engineers can also access more than 90 million scientific and technical documents spanning patents, publications and journal articles, engineering eBooks and manuals, best practices and design methods, and premium technical website content.
To enhance the world’s largest aggregated collection of must-have engineering content, IHS has partnered with industry-leading scientific and technical eBook and journal publishers such as:
· Industrial Press
· John Wiley and Sons (limited exclusive to IHS)
· McGraw-Hill (exclusive to IHS)
IHS Knowledge Collection also makes available content from the following IHS partners: ArXiv.org, ASM, the American Society of Quality (ASQ), the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), DSpace@MIT, IEEE, the International Food Information Service (IFIS), The Institute of Physics (IOP), the International Society of Automation (ISA), the International Union of Crystallography (IUCr), NASA Tech Briefs, OnePetro, PubMed/MEDLINE, OSTI (Department of Energy), ProjectEuclid@Duke University Press, SAE International, the Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE), the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE), Springer, SpringerMaterials, Techniques de l’ingénieur, the University of Washington, and many others.
In addition, IHS Knowledge Collections also makes available full document access to more than 40 million patents worldwide, from the United States, Great Britain and Canada.. Also, more than 12 million technical documents, covering thousands of technical websites otherwise inaccessible via traditional search technologies are included in the IHS Knowledge Collections. These ‘deep web’ sites provide rich engineering knowledge including design methodologies and best practices, manufacturer information, and other scientific and technical articles.
“Never before has a collection of engineering knowledge this comprehensive and deep been made available to engineering and technical professionals” said Scott Key, IHS president and chief executive officer. “As the single source for all the information engineers need, IHS Knowledge Collections give organizations a true competitive edge, allowing for increased utilization of trusted content, accelerated research and discovery of relevant knowledge, and, ultimately, greater innovation and operational efficiency.”
Accessed via the IHS Standards Expert® with Goldfire® platform, the IHS Knowledge Collections have been configured to ensure comprehensive and deep coverage of technical knowledge:
· Knowledge Pro Collection – provides the core cross-industry and multi-discipline technical knowledge that is imperative for engineers and technical professionals.
· Industry Knowledge Collections – unique to Aerospace & Defense, Oil & Gas, Chemical/ Process, Electronics, or Engineering & Construction industries, technical professionals can access a deep, multi-discipline set of additional eBook content.
· Discipline Knowledge Collections – across thirteen engineering disciplines, users can access a vast set of cross-industry, discipline specific eBooks including mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, aerospace engineering, industrial safety and more.
· Custom Knowledge Collections – additional eReference works, databases, and other eBooks will be available in custom collections to help augment required technical knowledge.
More information on the Knowledge Collections offering available through IHS can be found at http://www.ihs.com/products/design/software-methods/knowledge-collections.aspx