We are pleased to announce that PLoS Currents has moved to a new publishing platform, offering easier interaction to all users.
This innovative, online publication channel for the rapid communication of new scientific research and ideas aims to minimize delays between the generation and publication of new research. All content published is peer-reviewed, citable, publicly archived in PubMed, and indexed by Scopus.
PLoS Currents removes barriers to communication and exchange through:
- A single, integrated solution for writing and publishing
- Flexible article format for increased ease of submission
- Streamlined peer-review process that establishes the legitimacy of the work
- Individual sections tailored to a specific research community
Its six sections include:
- PLoS Currents: Disasters
- PLoS Currents: Muscular Dystrophy (Produced with support from Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy)
- PLoS Currents: Huntington Disease (Produced with support from CHDI Foundation)
- PLoS Currents: Tree of Life
- PLoS Currents: Evidence on Genomic Tests
- PLoS Currents: Influenza
For this redesign, we partnered with Solvitor LLC* to implement Annotum (the name of this new publishing platform). Carl Leubsdorf, Jr., founder of Solvitor LLC, describes Annotum as “an open-source, open-access, open-process authoring and publishing system based on WordPress.”