SAGE Publishing, one of the world’s leading independent and academic publishers today announced the purchase of the full journal portfolio of academic journals publisher, IP Publishing Ltd.
IP Publishing Ltd is an independent company specializing in the publication of referred academic and professional journals within the humanities and social sciences. As of April 1st SAGE will be publishing the following five titles:
- Industry and Higher Education – a bi-monthly journal dedicated to the practical and theoretical aspects of the relationships between business and industry and higher education institutions.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation – provides a global forum for the exploration and dissemination of ideas relating to the nature, development and application of entrepreneurship.
- Outlook on Agriculture –quarterly journal focusing on the role of agriculture in social and economic development and on related regional, national and international policies and strategies.
- South East Asia Research –co-published quarterly with the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), the journal publishes papers on South East Asian cultures and societies across a wide range of disciplines.
- Tourism Economics – bi-monthly journal covering the business and financial aspects of tourism and recreation in the wider context of development, community, sustainability and production.
Speaking of the journal acquisitions, Karen Phillips, SAGE Publishing’s Editorial Director commented:
“SAGE Publishing has, and continues to build, a prestigious list of journals publishing within the humanities and social sciences. The addition of the journal portfolio from IP Publishing goes to further expand our research within economics and education complementing our existing portfolio. We are delighted to be working with the prestigious editorial boards and society contacts, and look forward to welcoming these journals to SAGE and supporting their ongoing development.”
Speaking on behalf of IP Publishing, John Edmondson, Director, further remarked:
“I am very pleased that SAGE Publishing will be taking over the publication of the IP’s journals. SAGE is one of those rare companies that manage to combine the scale, reach and capabilities of a large business with the culture and adaptability of a small one. I am impressed by its commitment to professionalism in publishing and its entirely appropriate recognition of the importance of personal relationships. I look forward with confidence to watching the further development of IP Publishing’s journals in their new home at SAGE.”
For more information including subscriber contact information, please visit: https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/ip_publishing