Taylor & Francis Group is now the largest global publisher in the Social Science Edition of the recently-released 2011 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports (JCR) ®.
- 421 Taylor & Francis titles are now included in the 2011 Social Science edition of the JCR, forming part of an upward trend that has seen this total increase from 274 in the 2009 and 356 in the 2010 editions;
- 864 titles are now included in the Web of Science® and 2011 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports (JCR) ® combined;
- 748 titles have been ranked with an Impact Factor in the 2011 JCR, with 63 titles receiving their first impact factor this year;
- Taylor & Francis publishes the top ranked title in 12 subject areas with a further 65 titles ranked in the top ten of their subject category.
The continued growth in the strength of the Routledge portfolio, especially within the Social Science Edition of the JCR, is clearly demonstrated by the fact that Taylor & Francis publishes more titles than any other publisher in 23 subject categories. Categories in which we dominate by share of both titles and articles include Ethnic Studies, Area Studies, Cultural Studies, Education and Educational Research, and Psychology, Multidisciplinary. Taylor & Francis is particularly strong across the Psychology subject categories featured in the JCR, again with coverage of more titles in these categories than any other publisher.
Further highlights from across the Taylor & Francis portfolio include:
- Advances in Physics, which is ranked in the top 10 of all 11,224covered titles, and which now has an Impact Factor of 37.000 – the fifth consecutive increase for this title;
- Critical Reviews In Food Science and Nutrition which now has an Impact Factor of 4.789 – its 3rd consecutive rise – and is now ranked top in Food Science & Technology
- The American Journal of Bioethics which has an increased Impact Factor of 4.083 and is the top title in History and Philosophy of Science (Science Citation Index), Medical Ethics, Ethics, History and Philosophy of Science (Social Science Citation Index), Social Issues, and Social Science, Biomedical;
- Journal of Peasant Studies which is now ranked top in Planning & Development having substantially increased its Impact Factor to 2.548
- Ethnicity and Health which is the top ranked journal in Ethnic Studies, where Taylor & Francis publish 6 of the top 10 Journals
David Green, Global Journals Publishing Director, commented, ‘Our goal at Taylor & Francis is to produce journals that represent the very best that every field has to offer. The effectiveness of our continued commitment to this goal, by investing time and resources in technology and services for our editors, editorial boards and authors, continues to prove to be successful, as evidenced by sustained improvement in this year’s JCR. ’